CDL-A FLATBED TRUCK DRIVER EXTENDED TRAINING
Montgomery Transport knows you’re made to go further; take your Class A flatbed driving career there with our extended training program! With a valid CDL-A and at least one-year OTR experience or 6 months flatbed experience, you can train the Montgomery way. Our two-week training program sets you up for success as a flatbed company truck driver!
You are made to go further, get there with Montgomery Transport!
What to expect during the CDL-A flatbed truck driver Extended Training Program:
- Path to Success Pay = up to $3,600 in first 120 days!
- Week 1 - $1,300
- Week 2 - $1,300
- 90 Days - $500
- 120 Days - $500
- One Week of in-class orientation and hands on training
- One week of OTR Training with driver trainer
- Load securement and tarp testing
- Successful completion of a road test
Trainer & trainee must load the following commodities:
- Suicide Coils
- Engineered Trusses
- Round bar/Slick bar
- Tarped lumber
- Slinky coils
- Building Materials
After successfully completing the Extended Training Program, CDL-A flatbed truck drivers enjoy:
- Starting Pay: $.49 CPM (At 6-months = $.51 | At 1-Year = $.53)
- Average of $70,000 annually
- Increased Weekly Minimum Pay: 30 days - 2 years = $1,200 or 2 years+ = $1,300!
- NOW Eligible after 30 days at Montgomery!
- Must meet applicable conditions
- Pay for Performance Plan, earn up to an additional $600 / 4 week pay period
- Practical Miles, short-haul, tarp, detention, layover & increased breakdown pay
- Weekly Home Time! Guaranteed 34 hours but averaging 46-53 hours!
- 401(k) with employer match
- Top-of-the-line equipment averaging 1.7 years old = greater uptime & fewer maintenance issues!
- Peterbilt & Kenworth trucks you can take home
- 53’ all-aluminum trailers with aluminum wheels
- E-ZPass & PrePass
- Rider & Pet Program
- Affordable medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance
- Short-term disability, critical illness, and whole-term life insurance
- Paid vacation & Paid holidays
- Corporate chaplain service
CDL-A flatbed truck driver Extended Training Program requirements:
- A certification of completion from an accredited CDL Training School, as well as a certification of completion of over the road training
- No chargeable DOT accidents in the previous 3 years
- No more than 1 moving violation in the previous 3 years
- No more than 1 preventable chargeable accident in the previous 3 years
Driver experience must meet one of the criteria categories below:
- At least 12 months CDL-A experience with less than 6 months flatbed experience
- Less than 12 months CDL-A experience with at least 6 months flatbed experience